Happy Day Zucchini & Herb Breakfast Waffle/Sandwich
- 2 1⁄4 cups Happy Day Protein Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini, (about 2 medium zucchini) **water removed
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
**use the small side of a box grater to shred the zucchini, place in dish towel and squeeze to ring out all excess water**
- In a large mixing bowl, stir to combine all ingredients.
- Preheat waffle maker. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Make waffles.
- Top a waffle with egg of choice (fried, scrambled, poached, hard boiled), avocado, sliced tomato, and an additional waffle.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yield: 12 - 4 inch waffles, Serving Size - 2 waffles
- Waffles can be frozen for up to a month and toasted in a toaster for reheating for future sandwiches.
- The skies the limit for extra toppings! Try some sprouts, sliced cucumber, extra cheese, or salsa to spice things up.
Calories 302, Total Fat 9.7g, Saturated Fat 5.7g, Cholesterol 27mg, Sodium 464mg, Total Carbohydrate 37.5g, Dietary Fiber 1.1g, Sugars 1.3g, Protein 19g, Iron 4mg